The FLC Far West Region is now accepting nominations for its 2017 regional awards program. Nominations must be received by July 14, 2017.
Winners will be announced by July 27, 2017, and we will have our awards presentation at our joint FLC Far West / Mid-Continent regional meeting, August 29-31, 2017 at the Sheraton Pasadena Hotel in Pasadena, CA. Details of the regional meeting will be available soon at https://www.federallabs.org/Far-West
This year the FLC Far West will accept nominations for awards in the following categories:
- Outstanding Technology Development – Given to a laboratory and staff for a promising technology development to: solve problems; satisfy markets and consumers; create patents and awards; or any area related to the above. The technology does not have to be transferred to be eligible for nomination.
- Outstanding Partnership – Can be any entity that has been germane in a successful partnership working with federal laboratories and technology transfer in the region. Examples can be universities, state/local economic development organizations, SBDCs, and partnership intermediaries.
- Outstanding Commercialization Success – A technology transfer success story that has resulted in the commercialization of a laboratory technology. This includes licensing agreements and other mechanisms that have helped to bring a laboratory technology to market and help create jobs and stimulate the economy.
- Laboratory Representative of the Year – Given to an FLC Laboratory Representative or Alternate for their significant contributions to technology transfer, outreach to communities, and/or outreach and assistance to other laboratory representatives.
- Technology Transfer Professional of the Year – Given to a Technology Transfer Professional at an FLC Laboratory for significant contributions to technology transfer. This includes licensing, cooperative research and development agreements and partnership generation.
All entries are limited to recent projects (within the last 3 years) and should consist of a "not to exceed" 3 page description of the nomination. Artwork and/or photographs are required and are not included in the page count.
NOTE: Each laboratory may submit up to 4 nominations.